Thursday, March 17, 2011

Magazine Cover Design: Mind Map

3/17/11
     
     Today in class we were introduced to our new project. We have to design a magazine cover. To jump start our thinking process, we created a mind map.


To help us figure out what the focus for our magazine will be, we were asked to answer the following questions:

1. Who is the target audience?
the elderly and anyone over 45
2. What is the name of your magazine? Why? Connotations?
Senior Technology or Geri-Tech or Elder Tech
I want the title to appeal to the elderly and draw them in. I want to include a subtitle that explains what the magazine is about. I don't want my target audience to be turned off by the word technology.
3. What will your masthead look like? Do you have any ideas for fonts?
I want the masthead to include the title and a subtitle. I want to use some sort of serif font to relate to the past.
4. What images will be on the cover and why?
an elderly man or woman holding a cell phone or ipod
5. What will be your sell lines to entice your target audience?
There will be three different levels of instruction, beginner, intermediate, and advanced. (I want to play around with those three words, too) That way the audience will know that each volume will include instruction for each level. So there will be something in the magazine for my entire target audience. I want them to know that the magazine will teach them simple things, for example "how to use an ATM," as well as advanced things like "how to program phone numbers into a cell phone."
    

No comments:

Post a Comment